Lifestyle|How I Ended Up In Hospital


Hi everyone I hope you're having a lovely day!
So as I mentioned in my last post I've been in the hospital for the last 3 months and I thought that since it's such a huge thing in my life just now that it would be something that I could easily write about.

On Thursday 19/5/16 I was walking to the park with my friends and I could feel my hip click in and out of place, the pain was so bad that I was physically sick. So my friend called my parents and my dad came and picked me up. When I got back into my house I sat on the couch for an hour and a half and the decided to try to go to bed, but when I went to stand up the pain was so bad that I couldn't put any weight on it at all. My mum called the hospital and they told me to go to A&E. I was taken by my mum and sister to A&E and was seen by a doctor within an hour (for the NHS that's fast) and they decided to take me for an X-ray and take bloods. But all their tests came back clear so we had no clue what was wrong. They then told me to come back to the hospital on Monday 23/5/16 to go see a physiotherapist. By this time I had found a pair of crutches for my mums leg injury a few years ago and was using them but I was still in so much pain all weekend. When the Monday morning came my aunt and uncle came to take me to my appointment because my mum had work and we went to the hospitals physiotherapy department. I went in lay on the bed and a physio tried to examine me but because I was in so much pain she couldn't do anything for me so her solution was to send me back to A&E where they proceeded to do more X-rays and take more bloods but again they couldn't find anything. So this time they told me to come back on Thursday 26/5/16 for an orthopaedic appointment. So again I went home in agony and waited until the Thursday. When I got to my orthopaedic appointment 3 days later the doctor told me that he can't do anything because once again he couldn't examine me so his bright idea was to send me BACK TO PHYSIO ! Where they decided that they should admit me to The Royal Hospital for Sick Children Glasgow. And that's where I've been for the past 3 months. When I first came in they had planned for me to go to hydrotherapy every day but it ended up making my pain worse and now I can't walk at all, I've been in a wheelchair for probably 2 months now (picture above). Hopefully I'll be getting out next week! And hopefully the pain will be gone soon, so keep your fingers crossed for me :)
I'm thinking of doing a post about my experience in hospital? I'm not sure yet but if I decide to then be sure to read that too!


You Might Also Like